I never usually do these posts because I’m always crying in a corner listening to sad music, but this week has made me remember how much the little things count sometimes. This is for no one’s personal enjoyment, just a reminder to myself that there are small accounts of happiness that make sweat, blood, and tears worth enduring.
- I got an A- on my midterm.
- I got to class without the panic of not doing my homework.
- I got an A- and a B on two quizzes.
- My teacher pointed out how I’m the best student in the class.
- Aced another quiz.
- Had one of the best radio shows I’ve had (planning it meant quality time with two of my favorite boys).
- Had one of my poems compared to Dylan lyrics *humble brag douchebag*
- My foster dog arrived and she’s a princess.
- Played with another puppy.
- Cuddled and watched movies with the guy I’m into.
- Finally had my piss-shower become a real person’s shower.
- Got into most of the classes I wanted to for next semester.
- Had my teacher email me that my paper was the best one out of class.
- Got admitted into a class that was permission only because the teachers who run it love me.
- Didn’t feel as blue as usual.
There’s so much small joy in life; it’s great to remember it every now and then.
Now I’m watching The Big Lebowski before a night of celebration. Not a bad last week as a 20 year old.